Hello everyone VSF Gurus!
These days I am trying to release Vue Storefront on AWS Fargate, one day I would also like to contribute to the documentation illustrating how I did it.
In summary, I created 5 docker images to mount on my services:
- Nginx for reverse proxing
- Phpfpm for Magento 2.4
- Node JS for Vue Storefront frontend
- Node JS for Vue Storefront API
- Node JS for Mage2Vuestorefront
To these are added the AWS services for Elasticsearch and Redis (Elasticache).
I managed to get almost to a concrete result with production methods, but now I have some doubts.
Usually, in dev mode I followed these steps in this order to import the data:
- On the VSF API container: yarn db new
- On the Mage2vuestorefront container: node cli.js taxrule; node cli.js attributes; node cli.js categories; node cli.js products; node cli.js productcategories
- On the VSF API container: yarn db rebuild
At this point, can you confirm that the steps are correct?
Other than that, what exactly should happen during deployment?
Do you have to run these commands every time at each release, or just some of them? They are correct?
If so, I should run the db yarn new command at each deploy, have a cron that executes the commands in step 2 for mage2vuestorefront and finally another cron that runs the yarn db rebuild command on the api container, but it doesn’t seem the way cleaner.
Thanks so much!