Potential VSF Next for B2B custom production project

Hello,
We lately watched the VSF team Hangout. Since we need to implement VSF for a custom B2B, we’d like to hear your opinion about the best choice between VSF 1.0 or VSF Next for this specific kind of project.
In this case, if VSF Next would be suitable we could be the first case-study that uses and push this new technology.

@piotrkarwatka @FilipRakowski, what’s your opinion about it?
Can we discuss it?

Thanks in advance for your time :slight_smile:

Hey! VSF Next seems liek the right choice. The integration efforts are much lower for Next than for a standard VSF integration. You just need to keep in mind that Next concept is still R&D therefore there might be some changes (probably not major but we’re still testing it and improving).

When you need to start the project?

1 Like

Hey @FilipRakowski, we should start ASAP 'cause we should release a working production environment after a few months. If Next is a preferred choice we could anyway decide to take this way and maybe be the first VSF Next project in production :wink:

When will be releasing a stable version of Next?
Can we talk a little bit about the project details maybe on the Slack chat?
We’d like to do a short call where we explain the core points of the project…

Thank you so much for your time :slight_smile:

Hey, sure, just ping me on slack, I’ll be happy to help!

VSF Next is slightly different than VSF 1. The “core” essentially is just a set of TypeScript interfaces guiding how to write an integration from scratch using platform apis.

I think until we make 1st full integration its hard to call it ‘stable’ as we’re constantly facing challenges that needs to be resolved one by one (auth, tax, currencies, multistore etc) but i expect to be “more or less stable” this month. We’re doing last polishments. What we havn’t tested in battle yet is mostly category filtering, my account and payments

1 Like

Perfect, thank you so much. I’ll write to you on Slack :wink: